Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Aaron Diehl

http://www.aarondiehl.com/videos-5.html


Take a moment to look at this link for Aaron Diehl.  In this link you can listen to him playing Viper's Drag by Fats Waller.  This is incredible.  Perhaps because he is from my adopted city of Columbus, Ohio, Aaron is a sign that Columbus, Ohio is so much more than Buckeye football.  In fact, if you follow my blog, you can expect to hear about other amazing Columbus area musicians, and in particular pianists.  I like other instruments, but I guess it really is only about the piano, and probably will be until I become an angel playing a key board in heaven.

I have seen Aaron perform live at the Columbus Great Southern Theatre.  He is absolutely incredible.  I am 58 and I think he might be 27, so I hope I can live to 80 years old so I can see what he is going to be up to in the world of jazz.  It is an honor as an amateur pianist to be able to attend any concert where he is performing.  As the late Tim Russert would say, "what a country!"

Word on the street, is that while a student at Juilliard he was invited by Wynton Marsalis to go on tour with him.  That is still so incredible, and whenever I have a bad day as a lawyer I just go to Aaron's site and play this link.  Again, so, so incredible.

Aaron has a very good Facebook page, and you can keep track of what he is up to in terms of concertizing.

No comments:

Post a Comment