Thursday, June 19, 2014

In 7th grade I was attending the local public junior high school in Farmington Hills michigan. OE Dunckel Junior High.  One of my friends Catherine Schroeder asked me if I knew how to play Rhapsody in Blue.  Not to embarrass myself I said yes.   What an out and out lie!

I then thought, I have to get it and learn it!!!  So I made my mom drive me to the music store in Berkley, Michigan and I bought the $4.00 Warner Brothers edition.   Did I learn it?  No!


But I decided now that I'm an almost empty nester, I am going to learn it!  31 pages and I can play through, poorly the first eight.  So part of this blog will be my discussion of Rhapsody in Blue progress.  It is a piece that has so much greatness, but also a piece that brings out the Charlie Brown aaaargh!

Page 4 measure 7. 4 flats and those close 4 note chords in the right hand.   Simply intimidating!   More to come about the Rhapsody.

No comments:

Post a Comment